Installing is a simple process, similar to any other program you might download online. Verbum libraries contain a lot of data, and can take more time to download depending on how many books you own. Please allow enough time for the installation (refer to step four).
Step 1: Download the installer
Looking to install Verbum?
- To download Verbum, you'll need to purchase a Verbum library or join Verbum Now. You can also try Verbum Basic for free.
- If you already have Verbum, make sure you're signed into your account.
Once you've purchased Verbum and are signed in, you can find the installation links on this page. You can also find them in your order confirmation email or on your account orders page.
Tip: You may wish to check the system requirements first to make sure your computer supports the new engine.
Step 2: Installation
- Once the download is complete, choose Run and follow the prompts to install the program. If your browser only gives you a “Save” option, click Save, then double click the file from your download bar or “Downloads” folder to run the installer.
- Verbum should open automatically after setup is complete. If it doesn’t, you can open the application by double clicking the Verbum icon on your desktop.
- Once the download is complete, open the file (“VerbumMac.dmg”).
- A new window will open. Drag the Verbum icon to the “Applications” folder.
- Open your applications folder and double click the Verbum icon.
Step 3: Sign in to your account
Now that installation is complete and you have opened the software, you should get a sign-in window. Sign in with your Verbum.com email and password. (If needed, you can reset your password here.)
This is where the software will identify your account and prepare to download your library. This includes any additional purchases you’ve made at Verbum.com and any Libronix DLS products you’ve activated or unlocked in the past. This also includes any notes or other saved documents you may have previously created in Verbum on another computer or device.
Step 4: Preparing your library
At this point, the newly installed program will start two automated processes:
- Preparing or downloading your library. This process requires an Internet connection as it pulls up all your past licenses and downloads the corresponding book files to your computer’s hard drive.
- Indexing your library. During this step, no Internet connection is required, but the computer must not be turned off or put to sleep until it is complete. For more information about indexing, see the “About indexing” page.
Note: Downloading and indexing time will vary based on your library’s size. Please allow extra time for larger libraries.
You will not get full search results until the indexing process is complete.
After indexing is complete, Verbum will be completely configured and ready to use. If you need to install it on another computer, just repeat these steps. It is recommended to install to only one computer at a time to improve download speeds.
Try Verbum Basic for free by clicking here.
If you need further assistance with installation, our customer-service department would be glad to help. Please call 1-800-875-6467, or email email@example.com.